Parks & Recreation Commission
Responsible for recommending general policy relating to parks and recreation for Frederick County; establishing a park and open space system for the county, consistent with the county parks and open space plan; managing properties over which the commission has jurisdiction; and directing a program of recreation for the county, subject to the budgetary policies and appropriations of the County Executive.
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at 355 Montevue Lane, Suite 100, Frederick, MD 21702. All meetings begin at 6:30 pm unless otherwise specified.
Next Meeting: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER - PRC CHAIR
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES - PRC CHAIR
- PRC CHAIR COMMENTS - PRC CHAIR
- FY 2024 MARKETING PLAN - LIN WANG/DESIRE LEHMAN/ MELISSA KINNA
- FY 25 BUDGET REQUEST (Recreation Specialist: Teen Enrichment) - PRC CHAIR
- DIRECTORS REPORT - JEREMY KORTRIGHT
- COMMISSION ITEMS - PRC CHAIR
- PUBLIC COMMENT - PRC CHAIR
Note: Public Comment limited to 3 minutes/per person
- ADJOURN PRC CHAIR
Parks and Recreation Commission Members
Viktor KraenbringVice Chair
Nicholas AugustineCommission Member
Harry LashleyCommission Member
Mason CarterCounty Council Liaison
Mary Jo RichmondCommission Member
Mary Ann Brodie-EnnisCommission Member
Charlotte DavisCommission Member
VACANT *Commission Member
Nancy AllenBOE Liaison
Do you have a passion for Parks and Recreation?
Make a difference within Frederick County’s parks and recreational programming by applying for a spot on the Parks & Recreation Commission!
We're actively seeking (2) general public (at-large) representatives; preference may be given to those who reside in the Adamstown, New Market, and Walkersville Planning Regions.
This commission is responsible for:
- Recommending general policy relating for parks and recreation for Frederick County.
- Establishing a park and open space system for the county, consistent with the county parks and open space plan.
- Managing properties over which the Commission has jurisdiction.
- Directing a program of recreation for Frederick County, subject to the budgetary policies and appropriations of the County Executive.
Applicants are required to submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Joyce Grossnickle; Administrative Officer
12 E. Church Street | Frederick, MD 21701
For more information, visit the Boards & Commissions website.