Make this birthday memorable through a close encounter with the natural world. Fountain Rock offers several exciting birthday party themes for children who love learning through hands-on activities, games, and of course, interactions with our live animal residents.
Your 2-Hour Party Includes:
- Parents may arrive up to 1 hour prior to the party for set up.
- 30 minutes for cleanup. Please make sure that you remove all tape from surfaces in the cabin.
Parents may arrive 15 minutes prior to the party start time for set up, and may bring food & beverage, partyware, games, and decorations (please no confetti). You will also have 15 minutes after the party for clean-up.
Parents must provide all refreshments. Please note there is no refrigerator available. Restrooms and drinking fountains are located by the Nature Center.
- The cozy Kaufman Cabin, a historic tenant house from the days when the park was a limestone quarry, features rustic décor. There are three (3) 6-foot tables at regular height, and two semi-circle tables at child height. Chairs are included. The Cabin is climate-controlled and there are electrical outlets. For restrooms, visitors must make the short walk to the Nature Center.
- The outdoor Picnic Pavilion features a sweeping canopy and open sides. With approximately 12 full-length picnic tables, it easily seats larger groups. The Pavilion is located next to the parking lot and the playground. It includes a grill and has electrical outlets. For restrooms, visitors must make the short walk to the Nature Center.
Party Days & Times
10:00 am - Noon
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
2:00 - 4:00 pm
$170 (maximum of 15 children)
Scheduling a Party & Details
To make a reservation, call 301-600-1646, or complete a birthday party request form online.
- A 30-day notice is required when scheduling
- Reservations are for 2 hours
Please have your guests dress for the weather, as we like to use our outdoor spaces for many of our games and activities.
The theme for the child that just LOVES animals! We’ll discuss cool animal traits while we examine up close Fountain Rock’s awesome artifacts, including furs, bones, eggs and feathers. Then we’ll meet some of the resident live snakes, turtles, lizards and insects.
This party explores some of our favorite fairies and dragons from familiar stories and legends. You can borrow our wings or bring your own to help search for the missing dragon eggs and who knows? Maybe we’ll discover real mythological creatures living in the nature center!
Come meet the nature center's resident turtles up close and personal! We’ll learn all about these charismatic creatures through stories, fun displays, and a nature walk to visit the wild turtles swimming in the Quarry Pond.
Explore what life would be like as an insect as you smell like a bee, see like a fly and eat like a beetle. Budding entomologists will meet our resident insects at Fountain Rock Nature Center. Weather permitting, participants will enjoy a bug safari throughout Fountain Rock Park.
Fountain Rock Park & Nature Center
8511 Nature Center Place
Walkersville, MD 21793
8 a.m. - Sunset
Nature Center Hours
Walk-Ins / Public
Sat./Sun: 10 am - 4 pm
Monday-Friday: 9 am - 9 pm
Saturday - Sunday programs are available upon request.
A 30-day notice is required for all registered groups.
New Year's Day