Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Information related to COVID
Frederick County Parks & Recreation
Select a Category
Recreation Council Forms
Special Request Form
Therapeutic Recreation Forms
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Park Improvement Proposal
Sign in to Save Progress
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
The purpose of the following procedure is to provide community organizations or individuals who wish to construct improvements in the Frederick County Division of Parks and Recreation’s parks with a format to submit a project proposal for review by the staff.
The organization’s representative should first discuss the proposed project with a Parks and Recreation staff member. The level of detail required will vary according to the type and scope of the project. The proposal must include appropriate plans and details. Please allow 30 days for processing.
Name of Organization
President or Authorized Representative
Email Address of Contact Person
(Bench, tree planting, education display, trail improvement, etc.)
Description of the function of the Organization and the service(s) it provides
Proposed starting and completion dates for this project
Proposed starting and completion dates for this project Start Date
Proposed starting and completion dates for this project End Date
Upload Map and Plans
Provide a detailed drawing or park map indicating the location of the proposed facilities. Also include, floor plans, catalog cuts, specifications, etc.
Describe the project concept and give justification for its need.
Provide information of what responsibilities will be undertaken by the organization towards the construction of this project and what responsibilities are expected from the County.
Describe who will be responsible for maintenance (trash, cleanup, mowing, repairs, vandalism, etc.) and management (scheduling, usage, etc.) of the facility following project completion. Again, provide details on what functions the organization will perform and what contribution is expected from the County.
Will the organization sponsoring this project be requesting a "ground breaking" or "ribbon cutting" ceremony? If so, a Special Request Permit must be completed and submitted.
Special Request Permit
Other Information and Considerations
1. Proposals must be submitted well in advance of planned construction to allow 30 days for staff review and approvals.
2. All facilities constructed on Frederick County property will be owned by the County.
3. The County will not be responsible for vandalism or maintenance of those facilities, which are utilized exclusively by the organization unless prior written approval is obtained from the Frederick County Division of Parks and Recreation.
4. All required permits must be obtained by the applicant. Examples include but are not limited to, buildings, grading, electrical, plumbing, etc.
5. Depending upon the nature of the project, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), a Management or Joint-Use Agreement may need to be prepared and signed by the organization and the County.
6. Upon request, additional copies and/or information may be required.
7. Depending upon the nature and scope of the project, approval may be needed by the Parks and Recreation Commission and the County Executive. In such cases, the organization will be allowed to present their proposal to the Parks and Recreation Commission and the County Executive. This process may require additional review time to achieve.
Organization President or Authorized Representative's Initials
To the best of my knowledge, all information in this application and in all attachments are true and correct
My initials here constitute my electronic signature
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow