Our field trips include stations through the Manor House and several of our outbuildings, to cover the history of the property from 1740's to the 1940's.
Students will learn about how key historic events and changes in Frederick County history impacted the lives of all the inhabitants of Rose Hill.
Tours are scaffolded to meet the educational needs and learning standards of different ages of students. Tours are aligned to FCPS County and Maryland C3 standards by grade.
Please contact the Museum Manager if you have specific focuses from your studies that you would like to make sure are highlighted in your tour.
Walk In Visitor Fees
$5 for Adults
$4 for Seniors and Children
Guided Museum Tours are available by request, on a first come first served basis. To schedule a guided tour we request that reservations be made 14 days in advance of your desired tour date and time.
- Groups 1-50 can choose a tour between 1 ½ hours-2 hours.
- Groups of 50-150 must have a 2 hour tour.
- Groups over 150 must add an additional hour to their tour to accommodate extra stations ($2 per person fee).
- Preschool tours are limited to 1 hour.
- Full day tours are 4 hours with time for bagged lunch included.
Areas included on your tour are dependent on the theme you select. Ask us about creating a tour to suit your needs by calling 301-600-1650.
All tours may choose to add on extra experiences to their trip. Each experience equals an additional hour and a $2 per person fee:
- Hands on craft (historic craft or art project based on season and supplies)
- Outdoor games and activity stations
- Primary Source Lab
- Artifact lab
- Breakout EDU
Making a Reservation
- Reservations are $5/person. (full day tours are $9/person)
- To make a reservation by phone, please call 301-600-1646
- Walk-in between 8am-4pm, weekdays to make your reservation: 355 Montevue Lane, Suite 100, Frederick MD 21702
Rose Hill Manor Park & Museums
1611 N. Market St.
Frederick, MD 21701
Thursday - Sunday
11 am - 4 pm
October - November
11 am - 4 pm
All other times by appointment.
New Year's Day
8 am - Sunset